Improving Project Delivery Capabilities:
Founded in 1993 and operating from the UK, PMIS provides accredited classroom and online project management training, from ‘fundamentals’ to advanced courses. We have trained staff from well over a hundred organisations – sometimes hundreds of people from just one firm.
We specialise in courses for commercial organisations or any organisation that has clear goals to improve their own project delivery capability. We only deliver project management (PM) related training and have a first class track record supported by excellent customer references. PMIS has worked across Europe, USA, South America, Asia and the Middle East.
Training Delivery Style: we never just deliver ‘standard’ courses
We never deliver standard courses using generic examples or case studies – we cover topics and concepts in context with your projects and your business – we only used highly experienced individuals who are able to do this very successfully.
Industry Sectors we have worked in:
PMIS has worked with public and private sector organisations since 1993. We have worked in multiple sectors including:
- Aerospace and manufacturing;
- Systems and software engineering;
- Automotive and New Product Development;
- Software/ IT/ Business projects;
- Construction (including EPC);
- Financial services;
- multiple central and local government bodies and many more.
Training and Consulting Service profile:
- Public and tailored project management training programmes
- Consultancy support in areas such as risk management
- Short specialist online project management courses
- Coaching / support for stakeholders, sponsors and senior customers
- PM Competency models
- PM Process Improvement and implementation support
- Organisational Development programmes and Benefits Planning & Realisation
- Capability and Maturity Assessment
- Project management Assessments
- Coaching and support in developing and delivering organisational improvement/ change management programmes.
What PM methods do we use or promote?
PMIS works in multiple industries and environments, where there are often differing needs relating to the practical side of PM. For this reason, we do not support one single PM method above all others; we do though, support certain approaches and methods more than others, for example, Agile. Agile project management (is not actually a method), it is more about the environment within which projects happen. Agile promotes things such as: shortening lines of communication; improving the effectiveness and frequency of communication; early involvement and participation of key stakeholders; slimming down project documentation to focus on fundamentals of a project; responding to and being able to accommodate change swiftly. These are all excellent practices found in the most effective project environments, which PMIS has been promoting for almost two decades.
Our Approach when working with clients
PMIS staff will listen carefully to understand and agree your needs, objectives and goals, and focus on developing an approach that will quickly make a real difference in your business.
Skills Transfer to the Workplace – Organisational Development
Too often training courses educate but do not translate to the workplace. Sustained improvement does not come about on its own – it often requires behavioral change, which must be managed, using approaches employed in methods such as Organisational Development. PMIS can help you in a highly practical way to transfer learning to the workplace and help the organisation use their newly acquired skills – ensuring that the investment in training makes a real difference to the performance of your business.
Email us today to find out more on how PMIS can help you.
Contact Us Now
Email us today to find out more on how we can help you.