CMMI Based Capability Maturity Model
PMIS has developed a project management maturity model based upon the SEI capability and maturity concept and best project management practices.
The purpose of the capability maturity model is threefold:
- to provide organisations with a means of quantitatively assessing the performance of their project management function against industry averages
- to enable internal or external project management benchmarking
- to provide a tool for periodically measuring and quantifying improvement
The results from the model are presented in two main ways:
- an overall result in terms of stages of maturity against the following 4 level scale, and an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of a company’s overall project management function based upon the structure of project management maturity model below, highlighting areas of potential improvement
Informal Project Management:
- little defined project management process
- project teams rely on own experience
- teams, processes and systems are not integrated
Structured Project Management:
- core process is defined
- key roles and responsibilities are clear
Integrated Project Management:
- cross functional processes defined and integrated
- performance measures for project output and objectives
High Performance Project Teams/ PM Oriented Culture:
- cross functional processes integrated from projects’ start
- intelligent KPIs available for all projects
- organisation has strategy and clear plan to improve PM process and demonstrate improvement in PM function
The model is structured to help evaluate the project management maturity of an organisation’s Project Management function under three headings. It is also possible to refine the model to suit specific industry sectors.
- Organisation, environment and culture
- Project Management Process
- Project Management Systems and Information
PM CMM – Use under Licence
The above model can be used under licence. It comes with a complete process map, an Excel model for capturing, analysing and presenting the data including graphics, and a full set of scripts to be used throughout the process.
Email today to find out more on how to we can support you with project management capability and maturity.
Links and References
For more information on CMM, use the links and downloads below.
Contact Us Now
Email us today to find out more on how we can help you.