PMIS has delivered EVM training courses since 1993. During this time, we have built a wealth of knowledge and material covering the topic, and have become the UK’s leading provider of EVM training.
We specialise in demonstrating how to use the concept to inform and underpin effective project control, as opposed to providing internal or external reporting. The central concepts of EVM are relatively simple. However, when organisations first implement the method, it often highlights issues or gaps in the project management processes, rather than add valuable project data.
Our courses demonstrate how:
- to bring complete objectivity (and therefore accuracy) to Earned Value data
- to produce EV data based upon a true reflection of technical performance (workscope)
- many (UK) implementations (think they do but) don’t actually produce ‘Earned value’ at all !
- to turn this into a valuable management tool, not just a reporting process, and most importantly keep the administrative effort down.
Online/ Instructor Led Web-based Courses:
- Online EVM Training: regular instructor-led Online course.
- Web Based in-house – any of the following courses can be delivered over the Web to in-house groups.
Classroom EVM Training (Oxford): dates/booking
- Introduction to Earned Value this one day course provides a solid overview for those who need to use EV data or processes & system. Also covers how to implement EVM and make it work well for you.
In addition to the above one day overview, the following courses can be be delivered on-site or web based:
- Executive Overview: describes the benefits and the impacts of implementing EVM.
- Practitioner: for those who will use the data or those involved in developing and implementing Earned Value systems and processes. This in-house course is normally combined with representative data from the business and works best when it reflects the terminology and processes being employed in your business. For example, if you have or are developing an EV System Description, this would be an ideal input to the course.
- IBR Training Course: for either contractors or customers moving towards an Integrated Baseline Review
Why choose our EVM Courses?
PMIS has been involved with implementing EVM for well over two decades, during which time we have witnessed both successful and unsuccessful efforts. One of the main challenges is that often an organisation cannot simply extract EVM type data from what it has in place today; as this often produces poor quality EV data, resulting in the whole process losing credibility. EVM does not require a complete re-write of current processes, but there are key elements that must be reviewed, and one of the best examples is how to ensure objectivity in progress data on projects. PMIS has developed simple but highly effective methods of doing this, and this theme flows through all of our EV courses.
Finally, PMIS specialises in and focuses upon implementing EVM for internal benefit of reliable information on delivery performance of projects. If you do this it is highly likely you will also satisfy the reporting requirements of any stakeholder or customer completely.
UK Aerospace & Defence Industry EVM Experience
Key staff in PMIS have supported many UK defence industry contractors with Earned Value training, process and system implementation since 1993. This includes many of the UK’s major Prime Contractors across the defence industry in Aerospace, Shipbuilding, Systems Engineering and others.
Booking Details and E Brochure:
Email today for more information on Earned Value Management training.
Download our EVM Training Brochure
Contact Us Now
Email us today to find out more on how we can help you.