Managing virtual teams training
Instructor-led online training course
This online training session will give you highly practical advice and guidance for working in and managing virtual teams, to help those teams to be more effective working remotely.
Working remotely on an individual basis is fairly straightforward but working effectively as a virtual team can be anything but, especially when this is a new way of working.
The session can be given to groups online allowing them to understand the challenges of virtual teams and show them how to decide how they will operate to be effective and minimise issues.
The session is given in two formats – one is a shorter coaching session and the second allows teams to develop a template for how they will operate.
Use your own project as its basis
We suggest using your own project as the basis of the whole session including practical decisions you will make and developing the basis of what will become an operating model for your virtual team.
Either half-day coaching session or one day workshop. It is delivered in modules at times to suit your team and time zone.
- to accelerate your learning curve around this way of working, and
- to enable teams to become productive and effective more quickly.
- Challenges of remote/virtual working versus collocated teams
- Organising virtual teams
- Communicating your project to all with total clarity
- Making online meetings work
- Daily and weekly routines
- Individual and team working patterns
- Ways of working
- Managing communication in a virtual environment
- How to collaborate remotely
- Keeping things visual, simple and very effective
- Minimising the impact on individuals: isolation; potential lack of contact etc.
- Tools: using the right type of tools for differing forms of communication
- Develop a template for how your team will work
Tailor the agenda to your needs
Additionally, you can email us any questions you like before the course and we will add these to the agenda.
Following this course
individually you will understand how to work within a remote project and collectively how to agree your remote operating practices as a team.
Email to arrange a free demonstration where we can describe the course and you can see if it is a good fit.
Email for further information or to arrange delivery for your team
Contact Us Now
Email us today to find out more on how we can help you.