Customised in-house training:
Does not have to be expensive but the benefits can be priceless
Full index of standard courses
PMIS has delivered tailored project management training for two decades. During that time, we have delivered bespoke training for dozens of organisations across the public and private sectors. For example: Aerospace and Defence, Financial Services, Automotive, IT Project Management, New Product Development, Engineering and Manufacturing, Software / Systems Engineering and others.
Benefits of Bespoke Courses:
The benefits are substantial:
- courses are seen as relevant to your organisation, its processes and the specific issues and challenges you face in delivering projects successfully;
- it will help shape attitudes to improving project delivery in your business;
- people are able to transfer the learning to the workplace far more easily,
- it will make a real difference to your project delivery performance.
The Tailoring Process:
Assuming there is a definition of training needs, the process starts by PMIS understanding your business objectives and issues you wish to address. This typically involves PMIS spending time with people from your business, listening to your needs and familiarising ourselves with your projects.
Our staff will listen carefully to understand your objectives and goals and then focus on developing a training programme that will make a real difference in your business.
PMIS has customised high-quality training for two decades. We are very experienced at making the tailoring process efficient.
- make zero assumptions about your business, priorities, processes and most importantly your training objectives and needs;
- ask many questions, listen and facilitate the development and agreement of: course objectives; target learning outcomes; any specific training requirements or constraints and any other key information that will shape the training or its delivery;
- will we then start to customise training material only after these are agreed.
Scope of tailoring
It can cover any aspect of the course, but the following areas are most commonly considered:
- organisation, especially roles, responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Governance structures and processes;
- process frameworks and specific terminology, project & product life-cycles and gates;
- case study/project simulations for workshops/exercises;
- lessons learned from your projects/business.
Joint Review and Customer Approval
Throughout the course definition and development process, we provide clients early sight of all emerging materials to ensure there are no unwanted surprises. This ensures that clients are fully satisfied with the delivered solution.
The review process will include:
- jointly reviewing all emerging training specifications/ agendas, including all case study and exercise material;
- reviewing draft modules and incorporating resulting updates;
- once material is finalised, conducting a walk-through of all modules with the sponsor and others, ensuring that all key messages are formally captured for consistent delivery.
Format of Training Delivery & Style
All PMIS training courses:
- engage participants throughout by using a highly interactive stype;
- use client terminology, language and processes;
- employ real-world examples to demonstrate concepts;
- use a client material within all exercise sessions;
- use real examples from across different sectors to demonstrate best project management practices.
Development Effort for Tailoring
Developing high-quality training material from scratch would take a great deal of effort. Customising existing courses, therefore, is the best way to take advantage of existing product(s) and strike the right balance between effectiveness and affordability. It often takes far less effort than people often expect to develop a highly tailored and effective training programme. Typical estimates of development effort are between 3 to 10 days, depending upon the size and the scope of the tailoring required by the client.
Index of standard courses
Email today to find out more on how we can help you improve project delivery with a first-class training programme.