This course can be delivered either:
- Onlne – interactive trainer led delivery over the Web
This course provides a solid introduction to the principles of project management. The course is workshop based, and can be tailored to suit your business, organisation terminology and culture.
Team members, team leaders, project managers and analysts, project office managers and staff.
- To raise awareness of the value of project management (PM)
- To broaden project management skills in the business
- To enable team members to understand the project management process and enable them to participate more effectively.
|Introduction & Overview|
- Objectives of PM
- Background to PM: where is it today?
- Identifying Projects
- Differences between Projects & Operations
- Key management roles
- Collaborative Teams
- Underlying principles: benefits and challenges
- Objectives of Initiation / Definition
- Importance & Challenges of early stages
- Benefits Identification and Planning
- The Business Case
- Delivery Strategy
- Key Responsibilities
- Team Building and Teamworking
- Typical Outputs of this Phase
|Planning and Communication:|
- Objectives of Planning & Communication
- Resource planning and budgeting
- Risk Identification & Assessment
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
|Statusing and Control|
- What is Project Control? Why do it?
- Progress measurement and updating plans
- Managing expenditure and Budgets
- Performance Management
- Scope Management & Change Control
- Reporting and Information Management
- Implementation Strategy & Planning
- Close Out and Close Down
- Post Implementation reviews – Business Learning
|Following this course:||you will be able to participate fully in Project Planning and Management|
Email for further details on this course.
Full index of courses